Saturday, February 19, 2011

Today... Today The Light Is A Little Brighter.

*Fait Souffrir Pour Etre Belle* *It Is Necessary To Suffer To Be Beautiful* I came across this quote about three years ago and the second I read it a wave of emotion came over me and I cried. I’ve believed for so long that in order to be beautiful, in order for people to accept me into their world, I need to terrorize myself. That I deserve to suffer. I’ve convinced myself that I need to starve myself, purge my food, hurt myself physically and emotionally, in order to attain beauty. That I need to stand up straight, put on my designer jeans and smile like nothing is bothering me and act like everything is perfect. To not allow anyone into my world because it’s my world and no one should know how much I am really hurting inside, admitting I am hurting is weak, ugly and disgusting. I’m coming to realize that suffering could mean finding the strength to overcome any obstacle. To grab the hand of any one that is willing to help you and let them. You need to suffer through bad times to come out on the other end and be able to say “Fuck You Universe, I made it!” Giving up, and giving in isn’t an option. Sometimes I wish it were, sometimes I feel so defeated that I just can’t do this anymore. That things will never be better, that I will forever be stuck fighting this war within myself. I need to keep moving forward though, I need to remind myself that at the end of this battle, and there will be an end, that I’ll see more beauty then I ever imagined possible. I know this journey is going to be a long one, I know it’s going to be the most difficult thing of my life, but I have people who love me standing behind me that when I fall, they will help me back up. Now that people are aware of my life giving up is no longer allowed. I’m going to use the Power of Positive Thinking. I will come into contact with a million more struggles in my life along the way but overcoming them will only make life more beautiful, and myself more of a fighter. With every struggle comes a good thing, every tragedy an opportunity and with every hill we climb brings about an even better person. I will continue to evolve until the day my life is taken. *It Is Necessary To Suffer To Be Beautiful* 

No comments:

Post a Comment