Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's Never Too Late... Never Ever Ever

If you signed a contract saying that you are guaranteed tomorrow, please raise your hand. Yea, I didn't get a chance to sign it either. If there is one thing in this world that is certain, it's that we aren't guaranteed anything. Not owed another day, another hour, another minute. Not me, not you, not anyone. I try to live my life as honestly as possible. Honest with myself, and honest with others. Everything I do, I do with my whole heart and every ounce of passion and intensity I can find inside. This can be good or bad. I'm super emotional and I can confidently say that I am the most sensitive person in the world. I would like to change this. To at least be the second most sensitive person in the world. I let the destruction and sadness in the world effect me far too much. I hurt for the people who hurt. I take on the worlds pain as if it were my own. If I had the ability to take away everyones pain in the world, I would in a heartbeat. I have enough love to change lives, if only it were that easy. I've been through my fair share of struggles and I never want people to feel how I felt at my worst, or experience the experiences that have caused it. This past weekend, a friend of mine that I use to work with passed away. I was not exceptionally close with her, but I did know that she was beautiful. That without exaggeration, she touched hundreds of peoples lives in a positive way. That she was certainly one of a kind and will be missed by a whole array of people, including myself. She was just one of those people who had light about her. This past week has me thinking about death, about life, and about happiness. It has me thinking how I live my own life and how I hope to live my life in the future. I have nothing profound to give you, what you are about to read isn't deserving of a Nobel Prize (maybe one day) and isn't anything that you haven't heard in one form or another. It doesn't hurt to hear it again, take a moment, and reflect. What I have to say is just a small piece of what I follow in my life, and what I am learning to follow even more. This is just small insight into what helps me to keep moving forward. 



Show compassion ~ Everyone around you is fighting some sort of battle. Your battle is no worse than theirs, theirs no worse than yours. It is all relative, we are all struggling with something at some point. If we open our eyes a little wider, and are more willing to reach out our hands, maybe people will see a little more beauty and kindness in the world.
L.O.V.E. ~ Love with every ounce you have inside of you. With every beat of your heart, love. It doesn’t have to be with a person, just find something that you can find pure unaltered unconditional love in. If you can find that in a person... You are one of the lucky ones.
Find your passion and run with it.
Please don’t wait another day. If you’ve been meaning to call someone... call them. If you have something to say... say it. If you want to live your life differently... do it. We don’t always get another chance to do and say the things we always meant to. Life is too short to say “maybe tomorrow”. Tell everyone you love that you love them every day. Don’t waste your time on silly fights because a friendship once had is more important. If you think what you want to say isn’t important... you’re wrong, it’ll probably end up being the most profound thing ever. Mend anything you can, and if you can’t... at least you tried. 
Get Honest ~ Don’t be afraid to speak up with how you feel at any moment. If you can’t be honest with yourself and with those around you, you can’t expect anything more in return. You’ll be amazed with how you perceive the world once you admit your excellence and your flaws. 
Smile every morning with the sunshine. If you can’t see it, smile anyways, it’s shining down on another soul who so desperately needs it. 
Believe you are good enough, worthy enough, and smart enough. If anyone should make you feel otherwise, kindly remove them from your world.
Know that the very few moments that completely take our breath away are worth the thousands of moments we thought we would never get through. 
Don’t be afraid to be you. No one can do it better. We all have secrets, skeletons, and struggles and they aren’t so scary once you share them. There is something wonderful and healing about telling your story... trust me. It can... and will... always get better. 
Learn to trust ~ There really are people out there worth letting in... let them in.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help ~ we can’t do everything on our own and it shows true strength and courage to be able to throw out your little white flag out and whisper “I Surrender”.
Accept that we are all different and we all handle things in different ways, its what makes the world so beautiful. Give the rude person the benefit of the doubt that they are just having a bad day. Don’t laugh along when people are being made fun of, or talk behind someone’s back, you don’t know if they will still be here tomorrow. Be a helping hand, an open heart and a shoulder to cry on. Just. Be. Kind. 

Forgive. Find Resolve. Live in Peace. Learn. Breathe.
Live with integrity. Judge with positivity. Love with all that you possess. Laugh with the world. Witness Beauty every chance you get. Dance in the streets. Smile with the sun. Don’t take a single second for granted... And know, that if you aren’t here tomorrow, I would miss you. 
*Your Life Is An Occasion... Rise To It*

No comments:

Post a Comment