Monday, March 28, 2011

Daily Affirmations... Try Them.


I often have moments... very brief... but moments none the less of complete realization. Where I am so gung ho to get better and throw myself into it. Then I fail, and I am right back where I started... in the loving being of ED. I love when these moments come though because it gives me a sense that I wont be lost in this forever. About a year and a half ago I was in one of these phases where I wanted to better everything, and everything all at once. I spontaneously enrolled myself into a part-time program at George Brown for image consulting. Looking back on that now, that is the LAST program I should have gotten myself involved in. Six courses, five weeks a piece... Needless to say, I only lasted two and a half courses. The second course however, I was introduced to the most influential person I have yet to meet. The things I learned in his class still resonate with me today. The class: Personal Development. His name: Joshua Zuchter. If you ever have an opportunity to witness him speak, or attend one of his workshops... do it. Look him up. He is a life coach and inspirational speaker. Anyhow, I came across our final project yesterday that he had us complete. He believed highly in daily affirmations and speaking about your future and your goals as if you were living them today. To believe you would accomplish only greatness in life. As I read the words on the piece of paper I cried as I was in utter disbelief that these thoughts came from me. The only way I knew that I had wrote them was from the handwriting that I was seeing. So the first part was to think of four positive affirmations in each part of your world. The Physical, Mental, Emotional, and lastly the Spiritual. The second part was to think of sixty statements about where you want to be in five years. While my list is my ideal life, it is going to take me more than five years to get there, but I will get there. Hopefully in seven haha. I've got some time. The idea of the project was to write down positive things, even if you don't believe them in the least, to push yourself into a more affirmative lifestyle. That just by thinking positive will bring about the positive and a great energy into your life. That the more good you think, the bad will slowly disappear.  Part of me doesn't want to post this because it makes me sound full of myself, but I believe by now you understand that I am the farthest thing from being full of myself, so here it is. Don't laugh at how far fetched it may be k? 

Physical
*I am beautiful above all else.
*My healthy body exudes much strength.
*Being vibrant and well-dressed gets me everywhere I want to be in life.
*I love my sexy radiant self!
Emotional
*I take the positive with me in every situation I encounter
*I am happy no matter what
*I am grateful for the loving people that surround me every single day
*I am grateful for my empowering personality to get me through anything life throws at me.
Mental
*I am blessed with the most intelligent mind I could ever ask for.
*I am wealthy in every aspect of my beautiful life.
*I am grateful for the ability to be independent and dedicated.
*I am blessed with powerful knowledge that makes me successful.
Spiritual
*I am blessed with a fulfilled and purposeful life.
*My ability to be inspired, motivated and empowered are never ending.
*I am open and connected with the world around me in every possible way.
*I am at peace and ecstatic with all of life’s choices.
Life Affirmation
I, Melissa Koruna, am beautiful, empowering, dedicated and inspiring, within myself, around myself, and touch every single person I meet in one way or another.
5 Year Vision
*I am comfortably situated in a trendy, contemporary New York City Loft.
*I fluently speak French.
*I am learning to speak Italian
*My career in the Fashion industry is absolutely sky-rocketing.
*I am in a loving, nurturing, fulfilled relationship with the man of my dreams.
*I have two stunning Great Danes that without fail, wait for me at the door every night.
*I have incredibly close vibrant friends that I am so lucky to have in my life.
*I have the most meaningful, open relationship with my mom
*I travel often to different places in the world and see the most incredibly amazing sights.
*I am beyond wealthy in all aspects of my life.
*I have this aware, magnetic glow about me that draws the most amazing people and things into my life.
*My wardrobe is exploding with clothes by Marc Jacobs, Jimmy Choo, Alexander McQueen and many more talented designers.
*I often use my wealth to help out the greater good of people less fortunate then I am.
*In my spare time I love to just walk around the city and use my photography skills to capture the immaculate essence of the world.
*The man in my life is the most passionate, and romantic lover I have come to know.
*I spend every Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter with my Family back home in Canada.
*My career is the most exceptional thing that has ever happened to me.
*My work allows me to be as creative and expressive as I choose to be.
*I come home every night to make dinner and share the days events with my long term boyfriend.
*I’m often attending Galas, Charity events and Fashion events.
*I always make time to do fun, outrageous, active things on my days off.
*I do yoga every morning at 6am before work
*I am constantly surrounded by positive energy’s
*I go back to Toronto once every other month to visit with my best friend her husband and their little baby.
*My brother and I get along famously and talk on the phone almost every day.
*I wake up every morning with a smile on my face just ecstatic to be where I am.
*I go to sleep every night being grateful for all the wonderful things that have come into my life.
*I make a point every day to tell my boyfriend how much I love him and how lucky I am to have him in my life.
*I have an incredibly organized and structured life.
*Due to my work in the fashion industry, I am constantly meeting the most interesting people.
*I have interviewed countless amazing people in the fashion world.
*My loft is decorated in the most up-to-date contemporary decor.
*Music is my ultimate cure for everything
*I set time for myself often to sit down and read a book.
*I’m at peace with ever thing that has happened in my life.
*I am truly, incredibly happy
*I live for serenity in what I do.
*I enjoy my alone time as much as I enjoy being surrounded by others.
*I’m content with being emotional and irrational at times.
*I’m a clean freak.
*I don’t get into an unmade bed.
*It’s going to take me 5 more years to think of 18 more statements..... 

It isn't often that I come across something positive that I have written about myself. So when I discovered this, it was absolutely incredible. In the end, I suppose as bad as it was to enroll in an image consulting course, I was suppose to meet this man. I have many more things that I will add to this list as life continues, it will hopefully be infinite. I'm thankful that I found this, and will read it everyday in the hopes that one day, I will believe, that I am wonderful and deserve greatness.

*Never Settle For Anything Less Than Amazing*

No comments:

Post a Comment