Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Just Some Words Onna Page

Tell me in which ways you see brilliance and I'll tell you in all the ways you are wrong. Explain to me where you see excellence and intelligence and I will enlighten you on how you must have gotten it confused with failure and stupidity. All I see are words on a page strewn out in some half assed blog; emotions displayed in some other kind of disorganized chaos that don't even seem to make sense anymore. What I read is maybe not what you see. What I read are merely words that are escaping my fingertips to form a proper sentence. They are just words on a page, you see. You feel what the words tell you to feel, but do you feel how I feel? I bare my soul for you to see, can you see it? There is no brilliance about it, for I have only one way to express myself. My one and only true love.

1 comment:

  1. You don't understand how powerful your words are Melissa. I feel your pain and despair. Your words are strong words. When you described lying on the bathroom floor crying after a forced 20 block jog, who wouldn't have a tear in their eye.I can't even imagine the pain in your heart but thru your words I can feel it.

    So, when are you going to tell Ed to get the heck out of your subconscious? You wrote awhile back about your goals. An upscale apartment, a loving boyfriend who you would cherish and a life of good things. It's time for that to start. You have the ability to achieve anything. No more wasted time. Your life is going to change for the positive.

    I'm going to tell you one thing you do have. Your ability to write is incredible! You have the "it" that is sought after by many writers. Hemingway had his inner demons. Pablo Naruda struggled with his issues. You're dealing with yours. I don't think you know your greatness. Look in the mirror next time and say to yourself, "I am a pretty good writer."

    ReplyDelete