Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Different Side

My eating disorder doesn't define who I am, but it most definitely defines who I am, to you. 

I haven't allowed my true self to extend from my fingers to the page, I have only allowed a small glimpse into my life that is needless to say, slightly less than positive.

There is so much more to me than this though, whether you know me or not...

*I have an insane amount of love and respect for yoga, I learn a new life lesson and do my best to apply it to my life every time I go. Starting yoga could quite possibly be the best thing I ever did for myself.

*In a matter of eight days I will officially be a Certified Image Consultant. This will be the first thing in my adult life that I have completed all the way through, and that I am so so sure of, I couldn't be more thrilled.

*I believe Hate and Anger are the two most useless human emotions one could attain. At the end of the day they hurt you and you only.

*I do my best not to judge anyone in a negative way. People tend to surprise me at every corner turned.

*I have one great love and soul mate and his name isn't ED. From before I even had the chance to visit, I fell in love with New York City and since I was 18 every chance I have to travel, it's where I end up.

*I want a career in fashion and a way to effect those around me in the most positive way possible. To empower everyone to be their most authentic best self they can be. I really believe the two can coincide in some way.

*I have the biggest fear of public speaking and I tend to think of myself as socially awkward. My job is to actually talk to people all day long, go figure.

*I can plan some pretty fantastic events. I held a fundraiser for Sick Kids Hospital a few years back with only a few weeks to plan and raised $2,500.00 along with gathering donated bags and bags full of kids toys for Christmas. It's been the second thing I'm most proud of. The first...? Two weeks after the earthquake in Haiti, I put together a Charity Event and Silent Auction with the help of one of my managers at work. My ex boyfriend has extremely close ties to Haiti and I felt it was the least I could do. The amount of people that came together in that moment still makes me cry. By the end of the night tons of prizes were won, a lot of beer was drank and we raised just shy of $10,000.00. It was pretty incredible.

*I can't stand gossip, placing labels on people or talking about people negatively just for the sake of it. I can't change what other people do or talk about but I walk away when I can, say something positive about the person or just smile and nod.

*I have an addiction to social media. I love to *Tweet* and probably annoy my Facebook friends with useless updates.

*I'd rather spend a night in Barrie or Bradford with my aunts, uncles and cousins than spend it painting the town red in Toronto with friends.

*I have an ex boyfriend. Yes, we all have that ex I'm sure, and I bet I'm not that ex for him. I've indirectly spoken about him through here this last year and a half but I haven't always given him the credit he deserves. He is undoubtedly one of the most fantastic people in my life and he doesn't even live in the Country. While I believed my life would never be the same with him not in it the way I once wanted it, that this year would be the hardest of my life... six months in I haven't even realized how much time has gone by. He's still in my life every day, my life has only gotten better, and that only began when I started to change me and stopped trying to change him. He will continue to be one of the most important people to me and if nothing else, the greatest friend for life.

*I've made a year plan for myself that involves nothing but positive changes. Disconnecting myself from negative people where I see fit, taking care of myself before taking care of others so that I CAN take care of and give to others. Going to yoga at least twice a week, and making a goal to run the half marathon in Toronto later next year. I'm not going to drink to get drunk or consume a drink if I've had the slightest bit of a bad day. I'm going to find something good out of every possible day and save as much money as I can. I'm going to continue on a new program for school and start looking for an internship in fashion. At the end of the year I'm either going to attempt the move to NYC or if I can find enough love within Toronto, I'm going to travel for a significant time before I plant my feet on the ground here in this beautiful city once again.

*I'm a closet extrovert. I'm quiet and introverted when you first meet me but give me time and I'm a pretty big nut. I'm an observer and listener before a doer.

*I think with my heart before my head always. I forgive too quickly. And am the hardest person to get to know.

*If I were to win the lottery tomorrow, there are three homeless men in Toronto that I would give a decent amount of money to. Simply because they never ask for money and every time I walk by one of them it pulls on my heart strings and I wish I could do something to make their life different.

*I live in a stellar loft in a great area. I have a crush on Gordon Ramsey and have a secret love for Degrassi High... The Next Generation. I don't understand Politics or Religion all that much but I want to. I can't do math to save my life but I can write an essay that will knock your socks off. I don't think there are stupid people just because they can't do something maybe we can do. Everyone excels in something and there is nothing stupid about that. I want a Great Dane and some other kind of tiny fluffy dog and I want them to be friends. If I could do something that wasn't in fashion, I think I would be a dog walker. I have too many lulu lemon clothes, in fact, just too many clothes and never anything to wear. I'm emotional, strong willed, determined and ambitious. But I'm also stubborn, guarded, unsure and sometimes irrational. I look at the world in a way that everyone is fighting some sort of battle and if we're kind to everyone you'd be amaze at what can happen. I'm more open to change now than I ever have been before. I'm me, and that's more than good enough.














No comments:

Post a Comment