Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Believe It

Last year I met an incredible girl in group. Every time she spoke, my heart broke. For her stories, for her struggles and simply because of the pain she exuded. Possibly, why I felt so broken when she spoke was because I resonated with her life so much, I could relate to so much and yet, I could never speak as freely as she could.
I have this compulsion with wanting people to know they are important, to try to put a smile on their face and let them know it'll all be okay. I came to group one day with this framed, that I wrote for her, to look at everyday...

Tell yourself everyday how beautiful you are. How worthy and good you are. How much you deserve this for you.
Find your passion and run with it.
You can do this.
The journey will be long, it will be hard, messy and chaotic.
But...
It will be beautiful, and at the end of the struggle there will be
Greatness.

I Believe In You!
When you can't believe in you, know that someone out there is believing in you, for you.
Trust in your strength and courage and ability.
Open your eyes to a world of living WITHOUT Ed!
Open your heart to love.
Open your mind to possibility!

*We must face tomorrow, whatever may come, with determination, joy and bravery*

*Your life is an occasion... rise to it*

Like I said the other day, I'm good at preaching and helping others. I wonder how long it's going to take for me to grasp onto my own advice. To look at this for myself and believe I deserve it too.
I still worry about her...
And to anyone out there struggling, I invite you to read this everyday and know that you too, are worth the world.

1 comment:

  1. What made you think you are anything less than perfect? You are a blessed soul. Ed has made you stronger than you know. This everyday torment is coming to the end. Oh sure you will have set backs but you will be stronger. There is a saying that goes something like this, "This too shall pass!" What is important today will be a memory years from now. This does not mean it was any less intense but time heals all wounds. I sense you are strong! Stop not until the goal is reached.

    ReplyDelete